NEDBANK DESERT DASH 2017
Date: Friday 8 December
Solo: 5 June 2017 @10h00
2 Person Teams: 12 June 2017 @10h00
4 Person Teams: 19 June 2017 @ 10h00
Click here to find out more on how to register on Events Today before the entries open.
Dear ex and prospective 2017 Nedbank Dashers
It is almost time to start thinking about taking the plunge again. please visit the website for more information.
Herewith the most important NEWS in short:
1. We have decided to limit the available slots to 300 solo riders, 150 two person teams and ONLY 100 four person teams. That will constitute 1000 riders.
2. Registration via Events Today as usual:
4. Solo registration are on 5 June at 10h00
5. 2 Person on 12 June at 10h00
6. 4 Person on 19 June at 10h00.
7. Entry fees for 2017 are: N$ 3000 for solo, N$ 5000 for 2 person and N$ 10 000 for 4 person teams.
8. We will allow for 20 early bird (cut off 22 May 10h00) entries for the 4 person teams only. Price is N$ 20 000. N$ 10 000 from each entry sold entry will be given to charity. The 20 buyers will get mentioned on our website and in the media and will have a say in where the money should go. We hope to raise N$ 200 000 for such selected good causes. This also means that only 80 team slots will be available via regular online entry system. Interested parties must please mail Johan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. From 2017 onwards a mixed team will have to have a minimum of 2 female riders. 3 men and 1 lady will be competing with the men teams. 3 ladies and 1 man will also be deemed a mixed team.
10. For all teams in the past the finishers got a finishers medal if one team member did not finish.. From now onwards the entire team will not get a finishers medal if one or two members do not complete their respective legs.
NEDBANK DESERT DASH NEWS #2
Hello all 2017 Nedbank Dashers
For all you brave Solo riders, it is time to get ready for online registration next week Monday 05 June at 10h00 Namibian time.
Please visit Events Today at www.today.com.na/events, Keep in mind that it serves to pre-register yourself.
Air Namibia is once again an important partner with the Nedbank Desert Dash. The most relevant daily return routes for our international participants to Windhoek are Frankfurt/Johannesburg/Cape Town.
Air Namibia will again transport your bike free of charge. Please note that any bookings (dash related) should please be made direct with ebson at Ebson.Ngondo@airnamibia.aero in order to qualify for this special arrangement.
Registration for 2 person teams is Monday 12 June at 10h00 and for 4 person teams Monday the 19th of June at 10h00.